We want to break down barriers for creating peacemaking projects. Mini-grants range from $25 to $250 USD to support young peacemakers in taking action in their communities. We ask applicants to match the amount requested (through financial or in-kind support) to demonstrate their commitment and community support. That means if you raise $100, we will give you $100 too!
Eligibility for mini-grants:
- You have a plan for a peacemaking project that can be implemented within 3 months.
- Fill out a mini-grant application.
- You have created a Peace First Challenge project page.
- Requests for funding must be between $25 and $250 USD.
- You must match the amount requested through your own fundraising or in-kind donations (like time, donations, space, etc.).
- Mini-grants must be used within 3 months of receiving the grant.
- You must be 13 – 24 years old.
- You must be a resident of the United States (we hope to expand our reach in the future!).
- Mini-grant winners must demonstrate how the money was spent through photos, a video using the storytelling template, and a brief evaluation.
- Applications will be reviewed and distributed on a monthly basis.
- Applications are due by the last Friday of every month – (applications that come in after will be reviewed the following month).
- Applicants will hear back about their status by the second week of the following month.
Applications are now open! You can submit your application at the mini-grants application page.
Use this tip sheet to help you answer the mini-grant application questions.